PACT/ TPA SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications being accepted through May 31, 2019
Scholarships to be awarded in June 2019.
Scholarship(s) will be awarded based on an evaluation of applications received by the deadline. Scholarships will be made payable by check to the educational institution where the recipient is registered to attend. The scholarship is to assist in paying the expenses of education including tuition, general fees, books and living expenses. Recipients will be selected by members of PACT Board of Directors and Toledo Poznan Alliance Board of Trustees.
1.) Former scholarship winners are not eligible to receive another scholarship in the same category. (i.e., a high school winner cannot receive another scholarship competing in the high school category. However, the student could re-apply and could win while attending college)
2.) If a public high school student is awarded a scholarship, funds will be placed in escrow until the student attends college.
3.) Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- A high school or undergraduate college student enrolled on a full time basis.
- Preferential consideration will be given to children or grandchildren of PACT and/or TPA members in good standing.
- Preferential consideration will be given to students who demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities or service to the community.
- Preferential consideration will be given to students with outstanding academic credentials based on grades received.
4.) Applicants are required to submit an essay at the time of application. Essay requirements are as follows:
High School Category (Grades 8-12)
- Topic: “What is the meaning of your Polish-American heritage?”
College Category (Undergraduate Students)
- Topic: “What individual or event associated with Polish or Polish-American culture has influenced you, your community or country the most. Why?
Both High School and College Students
- Must be in Microsoft Word format.
- Must be double-spaced, correct spelling and follow rules of grammar.
- Not to exceed 500 words in length.
Applicants are required to complete a Scholarship Application Form and submit it along with their essay by May 31, 2019 to: Polish-American Community of Toledo (PACT), P.O. Box 1033, Sylvania, OH 43560