This year, the Kielbasa Cook Off will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2016. It will be held at St. Clements Parish, 3030 Tremainsville Road in Toledo Ohio. We are excited about this year’s cook off and want to get the word out early so potential contestants can register in plenty of time. If you have questions, or would like to be a contestant in this year’s cook off, email us at email@example.com or call Jack Sparagowski at 419-356-1811.
Contestant’s Information Sheet
1. The Kielbasa Cook-Off is being held to determine who makes the “Best” home-made kielbasa in the Toledo area.
2. The Cook-Off will be held at the St. Clements Parish, 3030 Tremainsville Road, Toledo, Ohio.
3. The date for the Cook-Off is Saturday, April 23, 2016, and will run from 1 to 6 PM.
4. Contestants should plan to be at the hall no later than noon and should be prepared to start serving by 1 PM. Contestants are expected to stay until the event closes at 7 PM.
5. The public will be invited to attend and will taste test the contestants’ kielbasa. Ballots will be provided to each person who will be asked to vote for the kielbasa they liked best.
6. The winner, as selected by the collected ballots, will receive $350 in cash, a trophy and recognition as having Toledo’s best home-made kielbasa. The runner-up will receive $200 in cash and 3rd place winner will receive $150.
7. Promotion for the event will be conducted in local newspapers, radio and television.
8. Contestants should bring a minimum of 60 lbs. of fully cooked and ready to eat kielbasa. The kielbasa should be sliced into pieces that are 1 inch in length.
9. Contestants should have a fully functional roaster or pans that are set on wire racks with sternos. In either case, the kielbasa must be maintained at the minimum serving temperature of 160 degrees.
10. No commercial contestants will be permitted. The contestants do not pay any registration or entry fees. However, a check for $50 paid to PACT will be collected before the Cook-Off and returned after the cook-off is finished. In the event that the contestant does not show up, the check will be forfeited to PACT.
11. Beer, pop, coffee cake, sweet & sour cabbage and other foods and condiments will be provided by PACT, the event sponsor.
12. A meeting will take place 2 weeks prior to the Cook-Off where contestants can ask questions and all information will be supplied at that time. All contestants will be notified about the meeting.