Show your pride in your Polish Heritage! The month of October is a good time to learn something new about Poland, the country of your ancestors. Here are a few suggestions for things you can do:
1. Start your family tree and invite all the members of your family to get involved.
2. Review a map of Poland and learn more about the town or city of your ancestors.
3. Read a book on Polish history and share that information with family and friends.
4. Attend a Polish American event and invite others to attend with you.
5. Display a Polish and American flag, a red and white bow, or a Heritage Month poster in your home or place of business.
6. Learn more about Polish customs and share that information with others.
7. Join a Polish American organization and get involved in some way.
There are many Polish American groups in Toledo that you can join. PACT is sponsoring a pierogi class this month and also celebrates Wigilia in December. These are two very important parts of Polish heritage that you may want to learn. In any event, enjoy Polish Heritage month with your Polish family and friends!